Outlook Tips – Update Email Address Cache and Outlook Address Book
1. Create a new email and type in the recipient address which could reached. Click on the ‘X’ icon to remove the email address from the cache.
If you have missed the earlier rounds of token registration, please register HERE
2. To update your Outlook Address Book, go to File >> Account Settings >> Download Address Book..
3. Uncheck Download changes since last Send/Receive and click OK.
CampusVPN 2FA Tips
NP had enabled 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Staff Campus VPN (called staffcampus2) on 17th January 2017. If you have not set up your 2FA yet, please access the respective link for Full/Part time staff on the 2FA site.
· If you see your record with a QR code (under the Token activation link), it means that you have already registered successfully. Please complete the setup process by referring to the Setup guide to install the software app on your mobile phone and scan the QR code to import the token data.
If you cannot find your QR code/ record, please click on the “Click here to Register” link to register. You will be notified via email once your registration is processed.
· Answers to queries like “how to change to a different mobile device type (Android > iOS or vice-versa)” can be found in the FAQ guide.
Do note that 2FA will also be enabled for NP Staff Internet VPN in July 2017. If you experience any issues with your 2FA token, you may write to Support@np.edu.sg to get it fixed as soon as possible.
School BOE Reports in NPal
The School Exam Processing Rep has been automated to a large extent.
You can now prepare the School BOE Reports (Appendix A – H) without the hassle of generating multiple reports and queries and manually compiling these information.
Please refer to the user guide on how to generate the automated School BOE Reports.
IT Security Awareness Briefing
In Dec 2016, a total of 6 briefing sessions on IT Security Awareness were held.
Don't worry if you have missed the briefings. We have recorded one of the sessions for sharing. You may access the presentation slides and the recorded briefing here.
Reporting IT Security Incidents
IT Security Incidents include:
All reports must be made through your school/department Director.
For loss of physical assets, staff are required to submit a Loss of Asset Memorandum. For loss of personal data, reports must be made to the ITSecurityManager@np.edu.sg immediately as the incident needs to be escalated within 1 hour. You may call CC Admin Office at extension 6969.
For loss of physical assets, staff are required to submit a Loss of Asset Memorandum.
For loss of personal data, reports must be made to the ITSecurityManager@np.edu.sg immediately as the incident needs to be escalated within 1 hour. You may call CC Admin Office at extension 6969.
Staff shall not communicate any information on IT Security Incidents to the public unless you are authorized to do so. Any communications with public channels needs to be cleared by CorpComms.
If your PC malfunctions and you are not sure if you are experiencing a malware attack or hacking incident, please contact Support@np.edu.sg or head to IT Helpdesk at Blk27-01-01 for assistance.
All NP websites, NP VPN and NPal2 services will be unavailable during the maintenance period. NP Email will not be affected and is accessible without VPN. MeL is re-directed to the Microsoft Azure login page will not be affected.
Slow wireless access to the Internet (on campus) during maintenance period.
All NPal2 services will be unavailable during the maintenance period.
Please contact Support@np.edu.sg if you have any enquiries.