MeL system will shut down for technical upgrades from Fri, 8th Sep 2017, 10pm to Wed, 20th Sep 2017, 8am.
MeL’s archive server will be ready if you need to refer the past semester's materials. However, please do not update the materials in the archive server, as changes will be NOT be carried over to MeL server.
Please plan your teaching activities and student submissions to avoid using MeL during that period.
Staff who have recordings using Collaborate, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
IT Security Incidents Reporting
Staff are required to report IT Security incidents involving NP’s IT Resources, such as accounts, data and assets including notebooks and portable storage devices.
Examples of IT Security incidents include:
• Malware/Virus infection
• Hacking activity, e.g. suspicious change/loss of NP data
• Loss of corporate assets
• Breach of IT accounts, e.g. unauthorized use of IDs and Passwords
• Breach or leak of personal data
• Breach or leak of classified data
When to Report: IMMEDIATELY.
• Breach of personal data breach must be reported to GovTech within 1 hour.
• Your school/department Director
• ITSecurityManager@np.edu.sg or Support@np.edu.sg or head to IT Helpdesk at Blk27-01-01
What to report: Details of incident, including:
• Loss of Data, such as Personal/Classified data
• Loss of physical assets
• Impact of loss, e.g. number of affected individuals for loss of personal data
To know more about NP IT Security and Policies, please click
Data Protection Reminders
We are responsible for the security of personal data and classified data, both electronic or paper form, in NP’s possession or control.
Only NP-issued and centrally-managed equipment shall be used to access, store and process personal and classified data. Personal and classified data shall be ENCRYPTED when stored on notebooks or portable storage media.
Additional Care for Personal Data
1. Personal data shall be used for its intended purpose(s) only.
2. When there is a need to email a list of personal data, staff shall:
• Use a strong password to protect an electronic file containing personal.
• The password should be shared in a separate email or a separate platform, e.g.
• Ensure the correct recipient has been entered and maintain a mailing list for
regular mass communication to specific groups.
3. When sharing personal data with other government agencies, ensure that:
• The sharing is not prohibited by law.
• A data sharing agreement form has been completed by the requesting agency.
• The decision and reasons to share the Personal Data must be properly
4. When sharing with colleagues or student leaders for organization of NP activities,
ensure that the receiving party is aware of the intended use, secure handling and
disposal requirements of the personal data.
5. Staff can share personal data with non-government entities only if they are
engaged to perform specific services on NP’s behalf, and the required use, secure
handling and disposal conditions are included in the contract.
• Fri, 8th Sep 2017, 10pm to Wed, 20th Sep 2017, 8am
MeL system will shut down during the period. Please avoid using MeL during that period.
• Sun, 17 Sep 2017, 9am to 4pm
All NPal2 services will be unavailable during maintenance period.
Please email to Support@np.edu.sg should you require further information or clarification.